Gallery Hours

Gallery Open
Monday- Saturday, 10:30 to 5:00, Sunday 12:00 to 4:00

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Wine & Cheese


Opening Reception

Friday, March 31, 5 -7 pm



Botanical artist Katie E. MacGillivary is the featured guest artist at Centre St Arts Gallery, LLC, at 11 Centre Street in Bath, from March 29 through May 19, 2017.



Kate is a gardener as well as an artist. She says: "My studio business is a conglomeration of the things I am most impassioned about; gardening, nature and plants, art and ecology.  ​"​I enjoy the challenge of waking up a garden or sprucing up a flower bed that has been neglected and needs some encouragement.  When the season is winding down, I then cultivate my impassioned energy to producing art, especially art that is focused on capturing flora (botanical illustration). My goal with my art is to share my passion with others whom may appreciate it​."


"Fortunate enough to spend my formative years surrounded by pristine forests and the rugged north Atlantic, I developed a love for all of nature's beauty at a young age. I also found my natural talent for art and painting (watercolor is my favorite medium, although colored pencils have become a favorite.) at a young age and was primarily self-taught through my high school years."
 
"I went on to earn a degree in Graphic Design.  In September of 2009, I received my certificate of study from the Denver Botanic Gardens Botanical Illustration Program. I am a recent (2012) graduate in the Native Plants and Ecology certificate program at the Coastal Maine Botanic Gardens in Boothbay, Maine.​"

Twenty member-artists of the Centre St Arts Gallery, LLC have new works in the latest show at the gallery which will run until May 19.

For more information call 207-442-0300, go to the website: centrestartsgalleryllc.com
​or visit the gallery Wednesday through Saturday, 10:30 am to 5:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.