Gallery Hours

Gallery Open
Monday, Wednesday- Saturday, 10:30 to 5:00, Sunday 12:00 to 4:00
Closed Tuesday

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Opening Reception

Centre St Arts Gallery, LLC, 
welcomes guest pastel artist 
Kay Sullivan

Spring Ripple, pastel, Kay Sullivan
Wine & Cheese Reception
Friday, May 26, 2017, 5 to 7 pm
at
11 Centre Street, Bath
207-442-0300

Public welcome. Refreshments will be served. Admission is free.

Kay Sullivan is a Maine based artist whose work from nature reflects time's passing: its rhythms, cycles, seasons. Kay received her MFA from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts in Philadelphia, PA, and is a juried member of the Pastel Society of America. Her work has been exhibited in numerous juried and group shows, and is held in private collections across the country. Kay lives in rural Maine with her husband and daughter.

Kay describes her work: "These places in my drawings are my home: the yard and woods where I walk, the river where I unwind. As I continue to explore this land which has been in my husband’s family for generations, I am acutely aware of time’s passing. It is evident in the changes of days and the rhythms of seasons. Through the movement of my hand, in my lines and marks, I make my connection with nature’s energy. These marks are the evidence I leave, the history of my time in this place."

K​ay's work will be on exhibit until July 14.
Twenty Maine artist members work in a wide variety of styles and media, producing new work for every show. All work is original, with framed and matted pieces available, and sculpture in stone, clay and bronze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.